Wednesday, 1 October 2008

Funeral

Well, my friends mum's funeral was last week and boy was that sad. I have never been to a funeral before and I was taken aback at how it affected me. I was ok, until I got to the crematorium and all the people were standing about outside dressed in black. When the funeral party arrived and the car carring her mum's coffin slowly came up the drive, with the funeral directors walking slowly in front, an eerie hush fell on the crowd. We then were invited to come into the crematorium, where they were playing George Michael's "you have been loved" as she adored him..its such a sad song that I was already in tears. Luckily Claudean's mum (another of Helen's friends) had a tissue... lovely service though, Helen and Sarah were really brave and said some lovely things. There was a wake back in Burgess Hill where everyone met up and it was good to go and see Helen and give her a big hug.

Rest in peace Edna Brunsden x

No comments: